Families With Support and Advocacy
Social Services for the Family
At Pasitos Clinic, we provide much more than pediatric physical therapy. As an early childhood development center, we believe in the importance of social services. For that reason, we employ a full-time social worker on staff! For children with physical or mental disabilities to succeed in their therapy, it’s necessary for the child’s family and loved ones to be part of the rehabilitation process.
We understand the difficulties families go through when they have to deal with the shock of learning their child has a developmental condition. For this reason, we offer emotional support to families in order to help them accept and deal with any emotions or feelings that may arise due to their child’s condition. Our team also offers information to the child’s parents and family members. It’s necessary to educate the patient’s loved ones with all the facts about the condition.
Support Services Offered by Our Early Childhood Development Center in El Paso
In order for children with developmental issues to obtain the highest quality of living, it’s necessary to tend to the issue on all fronts. Although therapy does play a major role in rehabilitation, it’s also necessary to receive more specific services.
Other services our early childhood development center provides include:
- School ARD’s – a member of Pasitos Clinic will accompany you to your child’s ARD to advocate for the best coordinated treatment of your child.
- Coordination with pediatricians or other treating physicians.
- Sibling education and support – In many instances, the child’s siblings take on parental responsibilities and begin caring for the child.
- We provide the necessary assistance and guidance for siblings to understand the condition of the child
- Parent education- best practices in assisting the treatment process in the home